The Leon County 4-H Office is preparing for another fun-filled summer of day camps for the summer of 2015. Summer Camp Registration begins Monday, March 9, 2015 at 8:30 AM. Spots will NOT be reserved over the phone or via email. Spots are filled on a first come, first served basis. Camp fills up every year, so get your youth registered early. Below are the 4-H Summer Camps we will be offering this year:
- 4-H Wildlife Camp: This camp will be held at the new Jefferson County Extension Office site which is located approx. 30 due East from Tallahassee off of HWY 90. This outdoor nature camp will provide its participants with a basic understanding of environmental stewardship, wildlife, safety, and fun in an outdoor setting. Fun educational sessions covering National STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) initiatives will be taught by qualified instructors in aquatics, forestry, conservation, shooting sports, and orienteering. June 22-26, 2015, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, $80, ages 10-18, limit 30.
- 4-H Beginner Sewing Camp: FULL-No Openings. This camp will be held at the Leon County Extension Office. It is designed for novice sewers with no previous experience. All materials are provided by the 4-H Department including the sewing machine. June 23-25, 2015, 8:30 A – 12:30 P, $45, ages 8-18, limit 8.
- 4-H Outdoor Cooking Camp: 2 Spaces Open. This camp will be held at the Leon County Extension Office. Youth will learn the safety and art of cooking over fire, and will go on a farm field trip. June 30-July 2, 2015, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM, $80, ages 9-13, limit 12.
- 4-H Previous Attendees Sewing Camp: 3 Spaces Open. This camp will be held at the Leon County Extension Office. This sewing camp is for previous 4-H sewing camp attendees or those with sewing experience. Refer to flier for required materials needed for camp. July 13-17, 2015, 8:30 AM – 12:00 PM, $35, ages 8-18, limit 20.
- 4-H Junk Drawer Robotics Camp: FULL – No Openings. This camp will be held at the Leon County Extension Office. This camp will be held at the Leon County Extension Office. Youth will learn to make machines using materials found in junk drawers. The last day of the camp participants will participate in a contest with surrounding counties. July 20-22, 2015, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM, $80, ages 8-12, limit 12.
4-H Outdoor Cooking Camp Flier
All campers need to:
- complete a Registration Form
- complete a 4-H Participation Form
- go to 4-H on-line https://florida.4honline.com and set up the camper as a Short Term Youth if that youth is not an active 4-H club member or has previously enrolled in 4-H Online system, and complete the individual health form and code of conduct at this site (4-H State Office requires). If your child has previously been enrolled in the 4-H online system, log into your family account and find the child’s name and click on the enroll 2014-2015 button and complete.
Be sure to have Registration form, Participation Form, and deposit together when submitting information to the 4-H office. Also make sure you have completed your 4-H on-line profile at the time your paperwork is submitted.
- Forms must be turned in to the 4-H Office along with $20.00 cash, check or money order non-refundable deposit to hold your child’s spot.
- You may make as many payments as necessary between March 9, 2015 through the payment deadline of May 29, 2015.
For questions, please call the 4-H Office. We look forward to your child attending camp this summer!