The Leon County 4-H Office is preparing for another fun-filled summer of day camps for the summer of 2016. Summer Camp Registration is open now! Spots will NOT be reserved over the phone or via email. Spots are filled on a first come, first served basis. Camps fill up every year, so get your youth registered early. Below are the 4-H Summer Camps we will be offering this year. PLEASE NOTE: a child’s age is based upon age as of September 1, 2015.
- Wildlife Explorers Camp: FULL This camp will be held at the new Jefferson County Extension Office site which is located approx. 30 due East from Tallahassee off of HWY 90. This outdoor nature camp will provide its participants with a basic understanding of environmental stewardship, wildlife, safety, and fun in an outdoor setting. Fun educational sessions covering National STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) initiatives will be taught by qualified instructors in aquatics, forestry, conservation, shooting sports, and orienteering. July 11 – 15, 2016, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, $30, ages 10-18, limit 30.
- Beginner Sewing Camp: FULL This camp will be held at the Leon County Extension Office. It is designed for novice sewers with no previous experience. All materials are provided by the 4-H Department including the sewing machine. July 18 – 20, 2016, 8:30 A – 12:30 P, $45, ages 8-18, limit 8.
- Outdoor Cooking Camp: FULL This camp will be held at the Leon County Extension Office. Youth will learn the safety and art of cooking over fire, and will go on a farm field trip. June 28 – 30, 2016 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM, $80, ages 9-13, limit 12.
- Farm Your Backyard Camp: FULL This camp will be held at the Leon County Extension Office. Youth will learn about the wonderful resources they can grow in their backyard. June 14 – 16, 2016 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM, $50, ages 8-12, limit 12.
- Previous Attendees Sewing Camp: This camp will be held at the Leon County Extension Office. This sewing camp is for previous 4-H sewing camp attendees or those with sewing experience. Refer to flier for required materials needed for camp. June 20 – 24, 2016, 8:30 AM – 12:00 PM, $40, ages 8-18, limit 20.
- 4-H Junk Drawer Robotics Camp: ONE SPOT LEFT This camp will be held at the Leon County Extension Office. Youth will learn to make machines using materials found in junk drawers. The last day of the camp participants will participate in a contest with surrounding counties. July 5 – 7, 2016, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM, $80, ages 8-12, limit 12.
- Babysitters Certification: FULL This camp will be held at the Leon County Extension Office. Youth will learn important information when it comes to babysitting including Pediatric First Aid and CPR. June 22 – 23, 2016, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM, $50, ages 11-18, limit 12.
- NEW: Junk Drawer Robotics Camp: FULL Due to popular demand we have added a new robotics camp. This camp will be held at the Leon County Extension Office. Youth will learn to make machines using materials found in junk drawers.. August 2 – 4, 2016, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM, $80, ages 8-12, limit 12.
- Life Hacks 101: This camp will be held at the Leon County Extension Office. Youth will learn how to tackle some of life’s biggest challenges from changing a car tire to budgeting. August 9 – 12, 2016, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM. $100 ages 14 – 18, limit 20.
- NEW: Tailgate Grilling Day Camp: This camp will be held at the Leon County Extension Office. Youth will learn about Fire, Food Safety, and Grilling. June 20 – 21, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. $30, ages 11 – 18, limit 8.
All campers need to:
- complete a Registration Form
- complete a 4-H Participation Form
- go to 4-H on-line https://florida.4honline.com and set up the camper as a Short Term Youth if that youth is not an active 4-H club member or has previously enrolled in 4-H Online system, and complete the individual health form and code of conduct at this site (4-H State Office requires). If your child has previously been enrolled in the 4-H online system, log into your family account and find the child’s name and click on the enroll 2015-2016 button and complete.
Be sure to have Registration form, Participation Form, and deposit together when submitting information to the 4-H office. Also make sure you have completed your 4-H on-line profile at the time your paperwork is submitted. YOUTH WILL REMAIN PENDING UNTIL ALL PAPER FORMS AND DEPOSIT ARE SUBMITTED!
- Forms must be turned in to the 4-H Office along with $20.00 cash, check or money order deposit to hold your child’s spot.
- You may make as many payments as necessary through the payment deadline of May 31st, 2016. CAMP FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE AFTER MAY 31ST, 2016!
For questions, please call the 4-H Office at 850-606-5204 or email Alexandra Boswell at email@example.com. We look forward to your child attending camp this summer!